16 July 2010

New Materials!

Well, I'm excited! As I sit here in my childhood bedroom, perched upon my "Princess Bed" (100+ years old, gorgeous hand carved wooden framed bed), I am dreaming of all the fun I'm going to have when I get back to PA!  I'm visiting my parents in Texas for a week, and am half way through it already... gosh! Where has the time gone!?! 

My mom knows just how much I'm into sewing right now and went out and found me some awesome projects to work on.  She found a bolt of fabric that has "My First Faith Story" printed on it that I get to make a quilted book out of... my kid's FIRST BOOK!!!! So exciting to me! She also got me some adorable baby flannel to make a blanket.  She told me that she had been given a blanket with almost the exact same pattern on it when I  was born! So special!

I've also got an non-baby project that I get to work on.  Momma wants some new throw pillows for her bed and found some that she is in LOVE with in the Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Sewing and Fabric Crafts book.  She asked me if I'd like to make them, and of course I said yes! I get to play with my sewing machine! Score!

I don't have any pictures of the fabrics yet, but after Saturday, I plan on taking some and posting them!

Yay for new projects!

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment